Today is Leap Day, that special day that happens once every four years, during the leap year. To be technical, February 29 is an intercalary day, one added to the regular calendar to achieve harmony with the solar year.
By the way, here’s an easy mnemonic for remembering the occurrence of leap years—the year of the presidential election in the U.S. But we’re not here to discuss the presidential election–enough of that already!
No, this is about springing into the next phase of your personal growth. Why not take advantage of February 29 to take a leap in your life or in your work:
- Dust off a New Year’s resolution that didn’t get implemented
- Ask your boss for the promotion you deserve
- Take an adventure you’ve been yearning for
- Clean the slate by forgiving yourself or someone else
- Speak up about something that’s important to you
Today’s the day! Just as Thanksgiving gives you an excuse to be thankful… and Independence Day gives you an excuse to appreciate freedom… let Leap Day be your excuse for bounding into new possibilities.
What’s your leap? Tell us about it.
To your ease!
Pat Daniel, Ph.D.